Monday, June 9, 2008

Crystal + Baby Koala = LOVE

Written Saturday, March 29th - Ocean Beach, CA

We visited the San Diego Zoo yesterday. I had no idea it would be so big! We sauntered in at 12:00pm, and were barely able to see it all. There was so much to see and sooo much walking. We did got to see the famous pandas! We had to wait in line for 10 minutes just to get into the exhibit. Once we were in there was all these rules like NO TALKING! and KEEP THE LINE MOVING! and DON'T TRY TO HUG THE PANDAS...Crystal! they were cool but were mostly sleeping, and a lady on a microphone talked about how they pick up all the leftover bamboo every day so they can tell how much they ate. The volume was turned down so low, the treble was off leaving only the low bass of the woman's voice so as not to disrupt the pandas. The whole experience was rather odd. but the Koalas, oh the Koalas. now they were my favourite of the day. they are like a cross between a baby and a teddy bear. Hello! who wouldn't want one. After seeing the Koalas I made Geoff come with me to the gift store just so I could pretend to hold one.


Now, If you ask me, I think that the Panda looks a lot like a little man dressed up in a bear suit...don't ya think?The End

5 comments:

Chinner said...

Man I love the ends...Hippos are funny creatures, eh?

Check this out:
http://picasaweb.google.com/pychin/AustraliaTrip2007/photo?authkey=7egrI6dZXQM#5027282675150007122

Chinner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chinner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You my dear are too funny:)Your #1 fan:)

Brad said...

You're blog blows mine away. Nice work for sure.