Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First steps in a southern direction

Written: Tuesday, February 19th – 2:30pm Mt. Vernon, WA

Well, I guess we’re on our way again. It seems ages since I made a meal in the van. We’ve just stopped for lunch in a really cute town called Mt. Vernon, where we came across the Skagit Valley Food Co-op. Twenty-eight dollars and forty nine cents later we were good to go. Today for lunch we invented a new tuna salad sandwich. It was so yummy, dinner is going to have big shoes to fill.

Della's Tuna Salad, sans mayo

1 can tuna, drained
diced onion
salt & pepper to taste
1 avocado, mashed
lots of hot mustard (for a kick)

pile it on top of crispy corn cakes, or toast or whatever, and enjoy, preferably in the back seat of a VW van on a cool spring day. **note: try not to spill tuna juice all over the upholstery…Geoff

3:40pm Seattle, WA

This is such a beautiful city, I can’t wait to spend some more time here on the trip home. For now, only a snapshot will have to do. Even the highways are green here, with plants and trees everywhere, they look like they are taking over the freeway. It definitely makes this rush hour more tolerable.








Written: February, 20th – 11:20am Portland, OR

We are in Portland to celebrate our 3rd year anniversary. I just got a haircut from one of those student places where you get a cheap cut and they get to take three hours to practice cutting your hair, and then they take so long that the teacher comes and finishes the second half of the cut, only she rushes and finishes the cut in 30 seconds like she’s Edward Scissor Hands’ wife… yeah, one of those places. I don’t regret it…I’m just not sure if I’ll do it again. So we’re off to tour around, and find some dinner.

I forgot to tell you...A guy on his bike came up to the van today, and asked said “Hey Guy’s I just wanted to tell you, every time I’ve been in Canada you have been so nice to me I just wanted to return the favor. I got bags of 40s if you need any weed” Ha! it must be the van.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd anniversary kids. I miss you and love you both very much. Yes I love you too Zeddy:) I'm with Geoff, don't spill tuna juice on the upholstery. yum:) yuk:( to the lunch. xo xo xo